Thursday, May 25, 2017

New Moon in Gemini: Communicating our Authentic Voice

-->



New Moon in Gemini: Communicating our Authentic Voice

Moon conjunct Sun @ 2:44pm CDT, 5-25-17


The Strong Sun Moon phase begins with our two luminaries meeting in Gemini…the sign of the Networker who communicates the connections of the human mind.  The weather is warming and the world is becoming increasingly more active in the warmth of the Strong Sun.  The information exchange between all of Earth’s creatures is growing to its peak during this phase as we approach Midsummer.  For us humans, this New Moon focuses on the power of our words, which hold vibrations that can either heal or harm. 



This new cycle begins in the 5th degree of Gemini, illuminating the symbol of “A Radical Magazine”.  In my life, this symbol seems appropriate.  This VOICE blog can be considered symbolically as ‘a radical magazine’ of sorts.  You certainly don’t see these kinds of topics discussed in your local newspaper.  If you know anything about Arabic Parts, the 5th degree of Gemini is also my ‘Part of Life’.  This New Moon is incredibly significant to me as it activates a Mutable Grand Cross aspect pattern in my natal chart.  My Psyche (asteroid of the soul-mind connection) is in the 5th degree of Virgo, weaving the web of my Storyteller within.  My Uranus Retrograde (the Great Awakener) is in the 5th degree of Sagittarius, inspiring insight and exploration into the foundations of my beliefs through the Liberator within.  And My Venus (Divine Feminine planet of Love and Values) is in the 6th degree of Pisces, activating that ‘Venusian Octave’ that inspires my gifts to shine out to others through the Poet/Lover within.

Something has certainly been building in me up to this point, as you can see from the increase in my writing this spring, as well as the content.  For others, the need to communicate authentically may find another outlet.  When asked about how to align with our authentic selves, I acknowledge the inner child of each person.  Some are wounded or abandoned children, and need remembering, healing, and re-integration before the answer can fully reveal itself to them.  Some are eternal children (think, Peter Pan), Divine children, magical children, or nature children like myself.  To them, I ask, “What did you know to be true about yourself when you were a child?”  For me, the question strongly resonates with my 8 year old self, who knew I was meant to be a writer.  Do you remember your child self?  Your inner child holds the key to unlocking your highest potential on this planet.  Paradoxically, your child self was focused on play…but that play holds the wisdom of your sacred work as an adult.  What did you do for fun before you even understood the concept of work?  What brought joy into your heart as a child?  For me, it was my connection with animals and nature, my explorations with friends and family, and my creativity that set pencil to paper to record each inspiration that came to me. 




As adults, we forget a lot of the wisdom we once knew…though we see ourselves as much wiser in many ways.  Yes, we have more information and our brains are more fully formed to grasp more complex concepts now…but we also tend to cloud over our inherent, child-like clarity with the illusions of adulthood.  This New Moon means to reconnect us with the essence of truth.  Forces within the collective have been testing us through the confusion of what is real and what is fake. 

“I’m a young soul, I came to this strange world hoping I could learn a bit ‘bout what is true and fake.  But why all this hate?  Try to communicate, finding trust and love is not always easy to make.”  -Yael Naim, lyrics from ‘New Soul’

Frustrating as such a world can be, it is all part of the process of developing our personal sovereignty and remembering what is true for us.  We must keep in mind, and in heart, that what is true for us may not be the same truth for others.  What I see as a tree, a squirrel may see as a home.  All things are seen from the relative position of your mind and what you think you see.  You may see a situation as a problem and a friend may think that it’s a challenge and see the solution.  Of course, everyone is relatively right…because what you think you see, you do see.  However, there are better ways than going about seeing the world through the lens of what we think we already know to be true.  Saturn Retrograde in Sagittarius right now challenges us to build our beliefs on sturdier foundations than we have in the past and explore the structural integrity of what is currently defined as truth in our ever-evolving world.

Which brings me to the next section of this New Moon exploration:  the Transits.  Multiple transits have been happening in the cosmos leading up to this New Moon and some will endure after it in order to integrate what seeds are planted now.  We have been receiving messages, signals, and gifts (perhaps even warnings?) that direct (or re-direct) us to a new life unfolding.  New connections may come as surprising linkages onto new pathways.  You may have become aware of this happening more and more throughout this Spring.   “You ain’t seen nothin’ yet” seems to be a prevailing mantra of astrologers about this year.  Things are lining up for initiation after initiation in 2017…preparing us for what we’ll face later.  So the cycles of this initiation are important to recognize.  They are all, in different lights, focused upon self-change…addressing our need to integrate unconscious motive with conscious intent.

One of the most significant cycles this Spring has been that of Venus.  I am rather guided by her influence, so most of you have already been reading about her a lot lately.  A week ago, though, she came out of her retrograde shadow…then exacted an opposition with with Jupiter Retrograde on the 19th.  Since then, she has been building to a conjunction with Pallas Athena (asteroid of the Warrioress of Wisdom)…creating a powerful, double dose of Aries Warrioress energy from which to draw strength and courage.  On Monday, the 22nd, the Moon in Aries passed by both of them, activating their shared message of feminine power.  Tomorrow (the 26th), Venus and Pallas Athena will exact their conjunction in the 20th degree of Aries…uniting in their cause of bringing love and wisdom together to protect the cosmic order.  The symbol of this degree is “a young girl feeding birds in winter”…bringing back a previous message from the full moon on April 11th.  What I wrote from that very similar energy then was “This is an exchange of Ayni (the symbiotic balance of give and receive in right relationship).  It comes from a place of pure feeling…of innocence connecting at the spirit level between beings.  Life force is replenished to the birds…and delight fills the child who interacts with them.  Each is giving and receiving love and gratitude as they come in harmony with each other.”



Another significant cycle, mentioned last month in this blog, is that the lunar nodes have shifted to the Leo-Aquarius axis.  In that shift, The North Node in Leo has formed a harmonious aspect pattern with Uranus in Aries and Saturn Retrograde in Sagittarius.  This configuration is called a Grand Fire Trine…activating the last degrees of each fire sign.  It signals a creative flow of energy holding space for the transformations of this time.  Though the fire signs are very active energies, the harmony of the trine is without struggle.  So it presents an opportunity to tap into…but not the push and pull we’ve grown accustomed to feeling in forcing necessary change to happen.  This energy is more like ‘you will, or you won’t…whatever’…but if you do manage to find your way to tapping in…the benefits are such blissful blessings.  The harmonious exchange involves the flashes of genius and pioneering energy of Uranus in Aries, the inner restructuring of beliefs and quest for the foundations of truth of Saturn Retrograde in Sagittarius, and the North Node in Leo’s soul urge to step out of your comfort zone and embody the confident, compassionate leader you truly are.  This is gregarious energy, and often requires us to engage with others authentically through the heart…rather than hiding within our heads (as is the comfort zone of the South Node in Aquarius).  For more about this nodal shift, and how to make the best of it for the next 18 months, see ‘The Dragon’s Flight into the Leo-Aquarius axis’ from last month. 

The final cycle I want to mention as it was significant in the lead up to this New Moon is the Sun’s conjunction with the Pleiades this Saturday (the 20th).  During this Pleiadian Alignment, information from ‘the Seven Sisters’ was flooding through our Consciousness (Sun) and being downloaded rapidly that weekend into the minds of their starseeds on Earth.  Each of us was receiving what information was most significant to our role on this planet…in as much or as little as we could personally handle.  It was on that same day that Mercury was released from the shadow of its previous retrograde…so the collective mind was moving full-speed ahead with the new information.  Two days later (the 24th) was a significant day in the Mayan calendar…regarded as the beginning of a sustained effort to create resonance on a larger, collective scale with unity consciousness (generated by ‘the Ninth Wave’).  The Mayans were very connected with the Pleiades…so, confusing as that last sentence may be to many readers…the significance of this activation right after the integration of the Pleiadian Alignment is still worth mentioning.

In all these shifts and cycles, downloads and initiations…the impetus to share the information we’ve been acquiring is strong.  This brings our attention, during this lunation, to the throat chakra…the portal through which we communicate our truths and experiences to others. 

Two months ago, I received the 7 archetypes into my chakras through the Harmony Rite of the Munay-Ki.  Each new and full moon since, I have been integrating them one at a time, from root to crown.  The first four chakra archetypes integrated previously were animals.  The next three are guardians (sometimes referred to as ‘archangels’ by the mixing of the indigenous spirituality with the Christianized religion that South America has adopted since the Spanish Invasion).  The upper chakras relate to the three realms of the lower world (throat), middle world (brow), and upper world (crown).  Focusing now on the archetype of my throat chakra…I have written about Huascar Inka:  Guardian of the Lower World, Keeper of the Medicine Teachings, and Shadow Warrior. 



Huascar the Healer

As I approached the mouth of the cave, I shrouded myself in the Star Cloak that Huascar gifted me when we first met.  In the daylight of consciousness, it was the green cloak with golden stars that my late friend, Bill, gifted me posthumously.  But as I went deeper into the cave, the cloak transformed into the black of a moonless night with brightly shining stars.  The starlight guided me to the cavernous throat of my Lower World journey.

It was here that I was to meet my guide, Huascar Inka.  Instead, I was greeted by a large snake, hissing and dancing.  She stuck out her tongue, her eyes glazed over, then her snake skin split down the center to reveal Kali in her well-known form.  Dancing out of her snake skin, she gazed right through me.  Then her throat split open to reveal a Monarch Butterfly.  Kali placed one of her many hands under her throat and the butterfly perched on her forefinger.  Then she extended that finger to point directly at the center of my chest.  When I approached her, I could see the lifeblood pumping into the Monarch’s wings to strengthen them for first flight.  Kali’s finger touched my chest and a large green and pink zinnia flower bloomed from my heart center.  The Monarch stepped onto the zinnia and took her first deep drink of nectar as her wings came into full strength.  Then Kali disappeared and the butterfly took flight, circling me three times before transforming into a man who stood before me.  He was an ancient Incan Medicine Man. 

“You’re Huascar.  But you’ve been Hermes Trismegistus before.  And now Kali as well.  And Monarch Butterfly?”

“You have changed as well.  Your inner fire shines brightly.”

“This was the transformation you showed me two months ago, I guess?”

“Indeed.  You have become the Phoenix.”

“This is powerful medicine.  My soul has been urging me to share it with others…so that they, too, can be inspired to transform their lives.”

“This dark moon is another initiation.  This is the time to dive deep and explore the foundations of life.  As Mama Killa begins to reveal her waxing crescent, opportunities will arise to shine for others in a new light.  In the last dark moon, you experienced the inexhaustible wellspring of the Divine in your nature.  In this phase, you must remember to first draw from the well to nourish and give to yourself.  Then there will be more than enough to nourish others.  Much as you already know this, you often forget this.  You will be tested each time you disregard your own needs for the needs of others.  Remember this sacred knowledge, though, and your energy will flow harmoniously.”

“Thank you for your wisdom, Medicine Keeper.”

And just as I expressed my gratitude, Huascar shapeshifted back into the Monarch Butterfly, became luminous energy, and flew into my throat chakra through an opening at the base of my throat.  I placed my left hand over my throat to reseal it, and my right hand over the flower at my chest to reintegrate it into my heart center.  I walked back to the mouth of the cave…feeling the vibrational shift of a deep healing happening within my throat that I wasn’t even fully aware was needed before.  



For more information on the 5th gate of Communication, where we reclaim the healthy, authentic communication of our true self, check out 5th Chakra:  Healing the Voice.

2 comments:

Reverend Theresa G Stafford said...

My sister in soul: I have just read your blazing vision story. Your words stimulate and explain the new direction of my Path, which I had been thinking of as a mere resurrection but now see as a return after integration. I have been integrating Soul into Flesh, and that has taken a good while. So thank you for your support, though you may not know that you have done a great service to me and many others who will not speak.

Felina Lune Kavi said...

Thank you for sharing this, sister. Yes, integrating Soul into Flesh resonates. We talk so much about evolution, but involution is just as important. I am glad to know my words are a support to you. Your response is equally supportive. Blessings on your path!