Wednesday, April 26, 2017

New Moon in Taurus: Solar-Powered Pollinators



New Moon in Taurus: Solar-Powered Pollinators

Moon conjunct Sun @ 7:18am CDT, 4-26-17

It is the beginning of the Flower Moon cycle, when Sun and Moon meet in Taurus…the sign of the Gardener who brings Spirit into matter.  Pollinators are flitting from flower to flower, doing the work that brings the essence of beauty and infinite joy into our lives on this blessed Earth.  They hum, buzz, and dance the sacred songs of our ancestors as they illuminate the world with their wisdom of love in right relationship.

This new cycle begins in the 7th degree of Taurus, illuminating the symbol of “The Woman of Samaria at the Ancestral Well”.  This symbol alludes to the bible story of Jesus stopping in Samaria and meeting a woman at their ancestral well as she is retrieving water.  Back then, Jews and Samaritans did not get along...mostly because they disagreed on where and how to worship God. Jesus's conversation with this woman put such petty separations into perspective.  Though she was an outcast among outcasts, Jesus revealed himself to her as the Messiah...awakening a sense of unconditional love and acceptance of all, not just the pious and devout followers of one way.  In essence, this woman was an empty vessel and ready to receive a vision of the future...one that expresses universal love over tribal law for all people who yearn to be liberated from limiting dogma.  Here, at this well, there was a meeting of the traditional past with the creative spirit pointing toward the future.  This meeting always takes place in the present...a time far more important for awakened action than what has passed and what is to come.  This woman was moved into a present revelation.  Here lies a test for any person who claims to know their Creator.  Is this the God of today, speaking the language of today, and meeting the challenges and needs of today? The moral of this story is that we are all one...and that clinging to the outmoded ways of the past does not help us to grow to our higher potential as human beings.

Now, to bring this symbolism to a more individual level, the New Moon is calling us to embody the archetype of the Samaritan through understated, kind service to all...even those who are often avoided...with no expectation of gain or compensation, for the betterment of society.  We are meant to separate superficial spin and rationalization from the search and source of being genuine.  So today, keep your mind open and listen for something said that may reveal a deeper truth and perhaps put you in contact with the very source of your own concerns.  Act with integrity and kindness and you will discover the path that is right for you.

In this second New Moon since I received the seeds of the Q’ero archetypes into my chakras through the Harmony Rite, it is Siwar Q'enti (Hummingbird) who I will be focusing on integrating throughout this waxing moon.  The Ruby-Throated Hummingbird is a personal totem of mine.  The first speech I ever gave as a child was on this beautiful bird…and after, I felt so connected, that I asked my dad to get a hummingbird feeder so they would come to our yard.  I remember the feeling of joy and awe in watching them…that feeling continues to this day every time I see one. 

Six years ago, I wrote a series of archetypal explorations where I connected my primary archetypes with my personal totems and expressed them through the 12 astrological houses.  In my fourth house (house of Home and Family), I connected my archetype of the Poet/Lover with Hummingbird.  This is the poem that spoke from that connection:

Poet
By Felina Lune Kavi

The poet is a hummingbird;
Her words, a joyful dance.
Her life, a sensuous wonderland,
Is the nectar of romance.
Something of beauty catches her eye
And causes her to hover.
She hums the moment magically,
Embodying the Lover.

The universe inspires multi-verse
Within the poet’s heart.
Love abounds in the world around
To feed her soulful art.

An open heart like an open book,
A rainbow kissing flowers.
The miracle of living love and light,
The beauty of her powers.
The Poet nests her eggs and rests
On a limb from her Poet Tree.
Her warmth and love gives birth to life,
Creating what she sees.

The universe inspires multi-verse
Within the poet’s heart.
Love abounds in the world around
To feed her soulful art.

Small as we may be, she says,
We sing the sacred key.
Our medicine hums happiness.
In each moment, we are free.




For me, Hummingbird is the totem on my right side…connecting me to the Divine Masculine within.  It is fitting that Hummingbird has made the most significant contacts either between my father and me or linked with his side of the family.  A memory I’ll never forget is that on the day I miscarried Phoenyx, I saw Hummingbird drinking nectar from our pink lantanas.  Then she rushed right in front of my face and hovered there for a moment, before flying away.  On the same day, I found out later, my dad found a female hummingbird lying in his yard in Iowa, flapping her wings a little but not able to get up and fly.  He picked her up and brought her inside to show my mom.  Then when he went back outside, she flew away.  His sister, my Aunt, had a Hummingbird encounter that day in Oregon as well.  To me, our Ancestors were giving us messages to recognize the joy even in dark times.  My family and friends were that source of joy, supporting me with love even as I was experiencing the most extreme sadness I had ever felt.  Like the Hummingbird, who makes what would otherwise seem an impossible flight possible…I was uplifted by my loved ones to keep going through that dark night of the soul and eventually find illumination on the other side.

To the Q’ero people of the Peruvian Andes, Hummingbird is a messenger between Above and Below and is also a symbol of resurrection.  It seems to die on cold nights, but comes back to life again at sunrise.  To them, Siwar Q’enti is ‘the Royal Hummingbird’…the only one to ever see the face of God (harkening back to this New Moon’s symbol of the Samaritan woman who was the first the Messiah revealed himself to).  In Hummingbird’s story though, he tricked Kuntur (Condor) by sneaking under his wing to hitch a free ride to visit Wiraqocha, the Supreme Deity in the Hanaq Pacha (Upper World).  These visits were usually for Kuntur alone, who was not permitted to look upon the face of Wiraqocha and would sit facing away.  Upon arriving at this meeting, though, Hummingbird flew out from under Kuntur’s wing, buzzed around Wiraqocha, and landed on his right shoulder.  It was then that he became Siwar Q’enti, the Royal Hummingbird. 

As Hummingbird is an efficient pollinator, this New Flower Moon is a perfect time to focus on the medicine of this archetype.  Don Oscar Miro-Quesada says, “Hummingbird medicine takes our nectar and cross pollinates us with the universe so that we are always connected to the great web of life.”

As with Serpent and Jaguar in the New and Full Moons of the last cycle, I will be invoking Hummingbird to speak through me here.  Since this totem is connected with my inner Poet…here is another poem.


Siwar Q’enti

I have seen the Wiraqocha.
The unknowable, I now know.
I am a sacred messenger
Between the Above and Below.

I hold the space for ancestors
As they reach this generation.
My gifts are of infinite joy,
Pure love, and illumination.

I teach you how to drink deeply
From the bliss that makes life so sweet.
Share these gifts with the ones you love
And with each of the souls you meet.

I whisper to you in the winds
And my memory is so vast;
I hum the Now into a song,
And bridge the Future with the Past.




For more information on the 3rd Gate of Personal Power, where we reclaim a renewed sense of self-knowledge and empowerment, check out 3rd Chakra:  Healing the Identity.

No comments: