Sunday, November 12, 2017

The Jupiter Return:  A Path to Prosperity


The Jupiter Return:  A Path to Prosperity

This is my 3rd Jupiter Return, as it takes Jupiter approximately 12 years to return to the same degree of the zodiac as it was when one was born.  Jupiter is the first of two ‘social planets’…positioned between the ‘personal planets’ and ‘generational planets’.  The Social Planets show us our specialty in our societal groups and teach us how to hone our interests into skill sets for the purpose of interacting with our community.  When we go through our Jupiter Returns, we are expanding our horizons and following our bliss.  It is a very lucky influence…and often inclines experiences of being in the right place at the right time with the right people.  People enter your life or come into prominence in your life experience at this time that act as angels or blessings.  In my experience of my 2nd Jupiter Return I became pregnant with my firstborn, Alyrica Rayven. Soon after, I moved back to Omaha (where I now live) and became re-acquainted with an old friend who is now my husband, Michael.  Both have been significant blessings in my life since. 

Jupiter’s call leads you to your unique version of prosperity in this life.  The position of Jupiter at your birth can show you your most expansive path toward soul growth and enlightenment.  Whether Jupiter is direct or retrograde shows you if the quest is more of an outward or inward exploration.  The house position shows you in what area of life Jupiter’s lessons will focus.  The aspects Jupiter was making when you were born show other energies at play on your enlightenment path. The sign shows you the type of quest you are to undertake as you explore these lessons.  And the specific degree Jupiter was in when you were born gives clues to the experiences and skills that you will explore and expand upon on this quest. 

I was born when Jupiter was Retrograde in the 8th degree of Scorpio, which resides in my 6th House of Health and Daily Service.  Jupiter was in harmonious aspects with Venus (my guiding planet) and the asteroids of Juno and Psyche when I was born…and also in a dynamic square with Vesta.  The Sabian Symbol for this degree is ‘a calm lake bathed in moonlight’.  With the retrograde influence, mine is an inward quest for prosperity.  With the watery imagery of the lake, the connection with the moon, as well as the depths of the water sign of Scorpio, this is a quest through my inner feelings and emotions.  There is great depth in this realm of my personality, though (on the surface) I am often calm, peaceful, and still enough to reflect higher inspiration from what illuminates my feeling nature…or, at least, this is how I’ve learned to hone those skills so far.  I was not always able to achieve such emotional calm.  It was, and continues to be, a significant part of my growth in this life.  But greater understanding of my own feeling nature has brought me the skill set that has enabled me to pursue my sacred work, which has brought prosperity into my life and also the lives of those I serve.  Jupiter’s influence in my life is explored through healing work (6th House) related to spiritual love and service in relationships for friends and community (Jupiter trine 11th House Venus in Pisces), commitment and responsibilities in marriage as well as female empowerment lessons (Jupiter sextile 9th House Juno in Capricorn), creative focus through mind and soul alignment (Jupiter sextile 5th House Psyche in Virgo), and dynamic changes in my sacred work as a Priestess of Gaia (Jupiter square 10th House Vesta in Aquarius).  All of these explorations have deepened this year for me, and my path ahead is clearer than ever now.

In this 3rd Jupiter Return, the call of Venus’s influence in my life is palpable.  Right now, Venus in Scorpio is closing in on a conjunction with Jupiter (exact at 2:05am CST on November 13th) where they meet at this 8th degree of Scorpio.  Venusian Healing has been an integral part of my enlightenment path, especially since my 2nd Venus Return…and this year really feels like I’m activating her medicine in a greater way.  Jupiter Returns oftentimes coincide with taking workshops and classes to improve your skills and expand upon your interests (which I have been doing all year).  This year I have deepened my shamanic practice by becoming a Mesa Carrier and exploring my soul lineage through the teachings of the Q’ero people of the Peruvian Andes, harnessed the power of my inner shakti through tantric dance, dedicated myself to celebrate more with ceremony and learn from elders at each full moon, and have been learning more about sound healing through ParaTan mantra practice.  The Jupiter Return is a time to immerse yourself in your passions and expand your skill set to open you up to new opportunities to shine.  You find yourself becoming more visible within your community and feeling lucky to be alive at this place and time, no matter the struggles that growth may bring.  Though it has not been my experience this time, travel is often associated with this time as well as a way to expand your horizons and experience. 

Just today, I arrived at ParaTan to learn and practice the Kali Mantra…and something quite extraordinary (and personal) happened with each of us together.  We went overtime because a deep sharing between us happened…leaving us wide open and grateful to be in the presence of each other at that time.  These sacred sharings amongst people in my community have been happening at nearly every gathering, class, or workshop I’ve been attending this year…things that are not planned, just spontaneous sharings that end up being the exact thing that one or more of us needed to hear to shift something inside of us and liberate our life force energy.  In this Scorpio energy, such sharings are truly moving and deeply cathartic.

What Jupiter has taught me thus far is that prosperity is a seed that grows from inside each of us…one which we must appreciate, cultivate, and care for with all we learn and experience in life.  Only then can it fully blossom in our awareness and branch out into our lives externally.  Gratitude for the blessings you were born with and the blessings that follow is the stuff that feeds that healthy growth from deep in our own soil.  Love is the water that nourishes that growth.  And trust is the light that encourages that prosperity to grow upwards and outwards, generously giving and receiving in balance with the world around us. 


Love and Gratitude,

Felina Lune Kavi


No comments: