Friday, August 26, 2011

Archetypal Exploration: Felina's 10th House- Rebel

Tonight Mercury shifted from retrograde to direct motion. Here, we feel our collective mind almost at a standstill before Mercury picks up speed again as it retraces its steps. Communication is key right now.

As it turns out, I communicated with Spirit tonight at our monthly Shamanic Drum Circle at Unity Church. Phoenix, my totem within, introduced me to the City of the Sun during my journey. As Phoenix is my 10th House guide, the communication that transpired from this journey holds the key to my highest potential in this life.

That is what the 10th House of Astrology is about, your highest potential...and your overall journey in this lifetime. Whether it be your career, your role within a group or family, or how you are publicly recognized...the 10th House shows your destination within your Sacred Contract between you and the Creator.

This house is where my Vesta in Aquarius, my asteroid of hearth and home, resides. She not only resides there, but she keeps my inner fire lit and devotes herself to the purification of my Higher Self. In Aquarius, she guides me on my own unique path toward discovering myself within the collective. My ways may seem strange to others, but I can only go my way...and the more inner truth I discover on my path, the better I can care for others along their own.

Which brings me to the archetype that influences this house and guides me along in my journey toward my highest potential...the Rebel. Maybe you're not surprised. I was created, in this lifetime to be a non-conformist who walks along my own path to the beat of my own drum. As I've said before, this is not an easy path. The path of the Rebel often lacks the approval of others. The shadow Rebel will rebel against nearly anything that wasn't their own idea. I am not this kind of Rebel. I am the Rebel who trusts legitimate authority in circumstances which do not attempt to disempower me...but strikes out on her own when conformity caves in on itself from false foundations.

I wrote of the Goddess in the 9th House, but in the 10th House...my relationship to God has been brought to light. Like Vesta, when I was young, I wanted to understand and commune with God. I went, without my family, to the many churches of my hometown to find God there. The search was mostly unsuccessful. I found man there, but not really God. This brought me to exploring other religions, which led me to the Goddess...but I still did not understand God in the eyes of the church and the structure of their rules. As I became a woman, I began looking for this connection to God by having relationships with men. This was not the right path either, so I continued to understand the Goddess more and more. Still, I wanted to know the balance of both.

But it wasn't until I sacrificed everything that wasn't leading to my highest potential, and found love with the man I was meant to marry, that I truly knew God's presence in my life. He was there all along. The search was bringing me to my highest potential...the marriage of both aspects of the Divine, and the power of creativity that is born from this union.

So I may seem to rebel against what is considered normal, or low profile, or this or that. But it all serves a purpose...my relationship to the Divine. It's not the path for everyone, it is the path for me. And though it may seem non-conformist to believe what I believe, do what I do, see how I see, and be who I am...seeking no approval, no safety, no followers or leaders...I am blessed with the life I am truly meant to live. And isn't that the point, really?


Rebel

by Felina Lune Kavi

She doesn’t need the approval

Of anyone for anything

She just does what she does

‘Cause it means…

Everything.

There isn’t a direction to go

Guided by anyone,

Except for her own journey

Learning her destiny

Like everyone.



Phoenix Mother


By Felina Lune Kavi


On a palm in my paradise,

Phoenix gathers up the ashes

Of her ancestor.

Out of the ash

She forms

a sweet-scented egg.

Purple-red plumage

Glistens in the sunlight,

Gently moved by the breeze.

Followed by a flock of doves,

She carries the egg

Higher in the sky.

Destiny guides her

To the city of the Sun.

She enters the palace of the King.

Placing the egg in his golden hands,

She thanks him for his love

And for his light.

He blesses her

With his warm hands

Upon her glowing belly.

She is pregnant with light,

As she thanks him once more

And returns to build a new nest.



No comments: