Sunday, August 28, 2011

Archetypal Exploration: Felina's 12th House- Guide

Happy New Harvest Moon, everyone! Thanks for reading along through my Archetypal Exploration series that began during the Mercury Retrograde and ended two days after its course went direct, and as the Moon brings another phase to ponder. The poem below is the end of this particular poetic journey, but the beginning of another.

The final house in astrology is the 12th House, house of the unconscious. This is where my Sun (personality) and Mercury (communication) are conjunct in 22 degrees of Aries. This is also where I am influenced by the Guide archetype (also known as the Witch, or Wise Woman), as well as my Owl totem. Perhaps I can paint you a picture with colorful words to describe these lessons within this culmination of symbols and signs...

Guide

by Felina Lune Kavi

The Owl calls 'WHO' outside the walls
in response to who I am becoming.
I part the dark curtains; I peer through the veil,
for I know the answer is coming.

In a mystic midnight, the dark of Moon
makes orbs and stars shine brighter.
She looks at me through my own eyes
for my own view comes from inside her.

The warm August wind caressing my feathers,
I turn my head-- from the shadows, a song.
8 other totems sing a message to me:
'You are who you are, you belong'.

The spider on a string writes her words on the web
'Tell the stories. Write the words. Show the acts.'
I listen to her glistening message above
as she hangs in the center, relaxed.

'Communicate your vision and see the connections.'
Father Jaguar, from the South jungle, yowls.
His eyeshine flickers golden with reflective light
and connects with the eyes of this Owl.

A joyful buzz turns my head once again
as Hummingbird hovers by the right of my wing.
From his bright ruby throat stirs a melody
'Love to create and create to love', he sings.

In the west is the Monarch Butterfly's dance
which flutters along in a nine-pointed star.
'Free Spirit, forever', her flapping wings whisper
in the wind, carried to my soul from afar.

'Respect the Father who teaches...' called the silvery Cat,
'And the Mother who gives.' She then purred.
Down below she sits on a tree stump perch,
her howl echoes after giving her words.

'Honor the Goddess.' adds the Red Fox Vixen.
She looks up, from the North, toward the Moon.
The Goddess within is reborn with the Sun
As the end of one phase greets the new.

While the Sun shines below the horizon,
light shines within the womb of the Earth.
Phoenix explodes through the ground, with thunderous sound,
and wails, 'You have blazed your own trail since your birth!'

Feather-horned ears hear the Honeybee buzzing
Full from the nectar of her sweet daytime feast.
She gathers the crossed circle of 9 totems around.
'Heal circles of friends.' She buzzes from the East.

To the left of the Phoenix, my wings rise to the sky,
Drawing down a blessing as Harvest Moon begins.
The Great Horned Owl turns back to my star-lit eyes
and says, 'Trust the guidance of the Witch within.'









No comments: