Monday, August 15, 2011

Archetypal Exploration: Felina's 2nd House- Victim

The second house in astrology is about life values, resources, and finances. The Victim is one of the four survival archetypes that all of us share, whether we like it or not, and it is the guardian of self-esteem which teaches us how we become victimized or how we victimize others. Like all archetypes, the Victim is essentially neutral with a light side and a shadow side. Most of us are familiar with how the shadow side plays out...but the light attributes of the Victim show us where we might give up our own empowerment to avoid taking responsibility for our own independence.

Those of you who know me well know that I value generosity over monetary gain. Those of you who know me even better sense that I might actually have a fear of money and the evils that come from its misuse. Regardless of the fact that I would never misuse it for destructive ends, I'm still not that comfortable with needing it for survival. I value the giving of myself over the receiving for myself...and it's not a prosperous way to live...at least, not on the material plane.

It's been my ever-present shadow for as long as I can remember...and acknowledging it was just the first step. I actually have to embrace this and transmute it into something helpful rather than destructive. So, that's where I find myself. Facing my shadow, and finding the light within.

Victim
by Felina Lune Kavi

I value the Earth as our sacred home,
the Goddess within and without.
Downtrodden by the soles of our souls,
Forgotten Mother, for use and for gain.

I value Her generosity and love
in the hands of greed and fear.
I champion the underdog
and try to ease Her pain.

I value the natural order of life
from the predator to its prey.
I value the Victim who takes a stand
and changes the rules of the game.

I value the strength of the Mother we share
so I give and I give and forgive,
but I've placed no value in man-made gain...
for that, I'm the only to blame.

I value my Spirit which calls to me,
"You, too, deserve to receive."
I release myself from the fear of our power
and make it a means to sustain.

No comments: